U9s boss ‘so proud’
- Credit: Archant
Despite all football training called off again because of waterlogged pitches several Honiton teams were in action in away Cup games including the Devils U9s away at Bradninch against Pinhoe, writes Mark Fisher.
After a quick training session concentrating on pass and move tactics, the Devils were ready for their long- awaited Cup match. The game started quickly with Pinhoe gaining possession and with a few moves scoring, a bit of a wake-up call, but the Devils settled the game down with some good attacking play.
Honiton looked a different side from last week, passing and moving well and getting swiftly back to defend. Despite this Pinhoe managed to score two more goals before half time.
With plenty of encouragement the second half started brightly but Pinhoe found a way through Devils’ defence and scored two more goals.
But the Devils never gave up and through some great passing River Leisk scored their first goal. This raised their spirits and all players worked really hard, hoping to get more goals.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately Pinhoe weren’t giving up and the game ended 7-1 to Pinhoe. The result was not a good reflection of the game, which had good end-to-end action and I am so proud of the improvement and effort all the players showed today.
Keep it up! Special mention must go to Ewan Evans, Josh Edwards, Zac Harrison and Connor Brown for a great performance.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone