Uplyme and Lyme Regis 2nds skipper Blackmore gets sixy with Kilmington
- Credit: Archant
Uplyme and Lyme Regis II sit proudly on top of the Francis Clark Devon League 2nd XI D Division (East) table after a two wicket win in the East Devon derby at Kilmington II.
The hosts batted first and were indebted to a ninth wicket partnership of 75 between G Holland (40) and T Olive (25no) that saw them recover from 133-8 to a close of 208 all out.
Uplyme skipper Wallace Blackmore was the star of the show taking six wickets for 43 runs in his nine overs.
Wesley Holmes claimed 2-38 from eight and there was a wicket each for Steve Howe and Ali Rattenbury.
Rain truck the reply leaving a revised target of 195 in 44 overs. From a comfortable 61 without loss thanks to the openers Ed Clarke (26) and Tyler Wellman (34), four wickets fell for the addition of 19 runs before Daley Holmes (35no) and Dave Norman (30) steadied things, adding 58 for the fifth wicket.
You may also want to watch:
However, a couple more wickets fell, leaving the reply on 180-8, but Ali Rattenbury (9 no), at number ten, stayed with Holmes to see their side to victory with two wickets and two balls to spare.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts