Uplyme and Lyme Regis CC all set for a ‘Super Sunday’ of T20 cricket
- Credit: Archant
There’s a big day of ‘crash, bang and wallop’ cricket taking place at the home of Uplyme and Lyme Regis Cricket Club this Sunday (May 28).
A T20 four-team competition will see three matches played with the whole day targeting the raising of funds to help purchase for the hosts club a set of covers.
Organiser James Whetlor says: “We are keen to get some covers as soon as possible as there is no doubt they are a real help in terms of getting matches played when the weather is not at its best.
“A lot of work has gone into Sundays events and we look to have a decent spell of weather for the occasion to so it really ought to be a day packed with fun – in the sun.”
The club bar will be open throughout and there’s a raffle being held and a barbecue will sizzle for much of the day.
You may also want to watch:
The first game gets underway at 10am when Seaton take on Kilmington. When that is concluded the hosts, Uplyme and Lyme Regis will take on Axminster and the two winning team swill meet in the final which is scheduled to begin at around 4.30pm.
There are individual trophies to be presented to the days’ best bowler and batter and also one for the ‘champagne moment of the day’.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
The winners will also take home a team trophy. It is hoped lots of folk will, get along to enjoy what should be a long day of lots of fun.