Uplyme Aussie O’Hallaran gets sixy with Barum
- Credit: Archant
Uplyme began the second half of their Tolchards League C Division E campaign with a 95-run home win over Barnstaple and Pilton, writes Alfie Jaques.
Home captain Steve Batey won the toss, opted to bat and saw opening pair Alfie Bellworthy and Alex Richards put on 31 for the first wicket before Bellworthy stepped on his own stumps! Next in, and out, was Australian Richard O’Hallaran for two, caught at fine leg.
Alex Richards continued to put bat to ball with great effect before he was out for 32 with the home total on 52.
Mark Batey was joined by Adam Caddy, but the former was run out for nine when the pair were looking for a third run.
Skipepr Batey joined Caddy and the pair put on 57 for the fifth wicket before Caddy saw his stumps knocked over for a valuable 32. Batey followed, trapped leg before wicket for 24 to leave the home side 163-6.
You may also want to watch:
Tyler Wellman (14), Ollie Lee (15), Steve Howe (7) and Paddy Barraclough (7) all chipped in towards the final Uplyme total of 213-9, a whopping 53 of which came in extras!
The Barum reply saw their openers separated with the score on 31 and they lost a second wicket soon after with an Ollie Lee slower delivery doing the trick for the home side. Barum lost another wicket before they rallied, adding 47 for the fourth wicket until O’Hallaran broke the partnership with a straight delivery that won favour with the umpire at a leg before appeal.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
It was that man O’Hallaran who then proceeded to wipe out the Barum lower order leaving them collapsing from a promising 102-4 to 118 all out!
The Aussie finished with figures of six for nine from 3.5 overs!
Ollie Lee, Paddy Barraclough and Steve Howe all picked up a wicket each and Uplyme celebrating at stumps the banking of a maximum 20 points.