Uplyme II beaten despite marvellous Maltby effort
- Credit: Archant
Uplyme II fell to a 44 run defeat in a low scoring affair at home to North Devon III.
The visitors batted first and the home bowlers did their work well, bowling them out for 156 in just 38 overs.
Rob Shepherd led the way with a four wicket haul, finishing with figures of 4-22. David Matthews returned figures of 3-29 and the other wicket takers were Emily Baker (1-38) and Brian Rattenbury (1-3).
The Uplyme reply was dominated by number five bat Bruce Maltby who came to the wicket with his side 23-3.
Maltby bated superbly and was only out to a stumping as he ran out of partners and looked to fire his side as close as possible to the visiting total.
You may also want to watch:
His knock of 53 came from just 51 balls and he hit nine fours and six sixes.
No one else was able to stay too long at the wicket. The best of the rest were knocks of 12 from both George Baker and Eddie Clarke with Dave Norman (7) and Dave Jones (6) also contributing with the bat.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis