Upottery 2nds march on after big win at Kilmington
- Credit: Archant
Upottery 2nd XI claimed a 10-wicket win when they visited Kilmington for a Tolchards Devon League 2nd XI C Division east fixture that lasted just short of 47 overs in total!
After winning the toss and opting to field first, Upottery bowlers wasted little time in making their presence felt. Opening seamers Adrian Salter and Matt Frost reduced the home side to 32-4.
Salter went on to finish with figures of 4-24 from a full stint of nine overs and the Frost figures were even more miserly as he sent down his full nine, claimed a single wicket, but only went for a dozen runs! First change Gary Kennard finished with 2-9 from seven overs and the only other bowler used, Shane Kennard, finished with figures of 1-5 from 6.2 overs. Kilmington had just two batsmen into double figures - Jonathan Tattershall with 12 and opener Lesley Baker (11) – as they were bowled out for 52 in 31.2 overs.
The run chase used up just 15.1 overs, but Kilmington did manage to claim a couple of wickets through Maurice Beviss (1-18 from six overs) and Jonathan Tattershall (1-13 from 2.1) as Peter-John Kaal hit an unbeaten 28 to see Upottery to victory.
At the halfway stage of the season, Upottery now have a nine point lead over second in the table Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday (July 8) they host Halberton and Sampford Peverell II.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis