Upottery bag narrow derby win over Yarcombe
- Credit: Archant
Upottery were 13-run winners in a low scoring game at Yarcombe.
After being put in on a track that suited the bowlers Upottery were a bothered 50-5 when Ollie Rice took charge and he went on to bat superbly for a knock of 50 which proved to be one third of the teams’ total of 143.
Mark Joyce then took 3-34 and all the other bowlers shared the wicket taking around as the hosts were restricted to 130-9 in the reply.
The key wicket was undoubtedly that of Ben Fuzzard who fell to catch by wicket keeper Mike Arscott off the bowling of Andy Pullman. Fuzzard was in at number nine in a strong Yarcombe batting line-up.
Matt Frost, clearly delighted after getting his first win as skipper for Upottery said: “I am much happier with that. It’s always important to get an early season win under your belts. We bowled very well to defend a low score and that side of the performance was very pleasing. Batting was difficult and we were in some trouble until Ollie (Rice got us up to something that resembled a decent score in those conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Upottery is another East Devon derby when they travel to Whimple.
Frost says: “More of the same will do for me.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax