Upottery fire four past Seaton Town in cup success
- Credit: Archant
Upottery made a flying start to the new season with a terrific cup success at Seaton Town.
Upottery are now a Division One side, but that still makes a trip to a Premier Division outfit a tough one.
The villagers began brightly and were good value for a half-time lead courtesy of a Steve Morris strike.
After the break they doubled their advantage through Matt Reed and then went on to control the remainder of the game adding further goals through Mark Tucker and Jason Kennard to seal a memorable 4-0 success.
Jack Trevisic was fully deserving of his clean sheet – no doubt the first of many this season!
You may also want to watch:
A delighted Upottery boss Dan Prettejohn, said: “Considering that was our first game of the new season I thought we played very well. It was a daunting prospect going to an established Premier Division club given our recent rise from Division Three to the second tier, but the players, to a man, showed that we are at our current level on merit. We fully warranted a clean sheet success and the only disappointment for me is that we did not win by a wider margin!”
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott