Upottery looking forward to Corinthian Cup Finals Day
- Credit: Archant
Upottery have a big day out at the end of the month when they play in the Corinthian Cup Finals Day being held at the Instow home of North Devon CC.
Upottery, as a D Division East side, will be very much the ‘underdogs’ at Finals Day as all three of the other finalists will be B Division sides.
Barton, who currently top the division, and Cullompton have already qualified, while the one remaining match, which sees Plymstock meet Seaton, with that game set to be played at a neutral venue over the next 10 days, will provide the fourth and final side.
In their league campaign, Upottery were washed out in their bid to play their latest match at Chardstock, who continue to sit in the third and final promotion slot, five points better off than Upottery, who are fourth.
Upottery skipper Mark Joyce says: “The across-the-board rain does leave it very much ‘as you were’ in terms of the race for a top three finish.
You may also want to watch:
“I do feel it is in our own hands in terms of the remaining games, which are certainly not easy, but then none are easy in the closing stages of a season.”
Upottery will have certainly earned the third spot if they do finish in it, for their last three are Clyst St George at home this Saturday (August 18) before a trip to second placed Exmouth 2nds and they finish the season on September 1 at home to current table-toppers Heathcoat 2nds.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Chardstock’s last three are: Uplyme and Lyme Regis away this Saturday followed by a trip to North Devon 2nds before they finish with a home game against Exmouth 2nds.