Upottery net five and bank precious Macron League top flight points
- Credit: Archant
Upottery first team banked three precious points and moved five points clear of the Macron League top flight drop zone with a 5-0 win over doomed Bow.
Sam Winslade and Gary Moore each bagged a brace and the other goal was scored by Dan Scadden.
The villagers have five games left in their Premier Division campaign and manager Dan Prettejohn knows what he requires to ensure his team play in the to flight once again next season.
He says: “We need to win at least three of the remaining five.
“That said, we have it in our ranks to win all the last five. It’s just a matter of belief combined with good old fashioned hard work and some serious commitment from the lads. It would be a footballing crime if we let all the hard work in getting the club to the promised land of local football slip after just one season.”
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Upottery contest the first of those final five matches when they entertain Feniton at Glebe Park (3pm).
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend