Upottery out by Newtown
- Credit: Archant
Upottery were edged out in their meeting with Macron League title-chasing Newtown.
Upottery manager Dan Prettejohn had said before his side took on the Mid Devon side that he felt his side would raise their game playing one of the top flight ‘big hitters’.
His team most certainly did him – and the club – proud, succumbing only to a late goal.
George Catcher was the star of the show in a terrific all-round team performance.
Prettejohn said: “We matched them kick for kick and blow for blow for the entire game and I could not be more pleased with the commitment and the application of the players. There are fine margins in these top flight games and, while some people continue to suggest we are on our way down, I cannot entertain such thoughts.
You may also want to watch:
“If we play every game from now to the end of the season as we performed against Newtown then there is no way we are ending up in the bottom three.”
This Saturday the villagers will have a new face in their side when they entertain Topsham Town in their next Macron League game - check out the Midweek Herald website on Friday to see who it is.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone