Upottery Reserves net eight in win at Seaton
- Credit: Archant
Upottery followed up a splendid Thursday evening Golesworthy Cup success with an 8-0 win at Seaton Town Reserves in a Macron League Division Six meeting.
There was just a single goal in what was a well-contested first half, but what a goal it was from young Cody Tratt-Skinner. The teenager received the ball some distance from goal, but weaved his way round a number of players before drilling the ball home.
After the break Upottery found a higher gear and began to play some terrific football as goals were scored from all areas with six different players sharing the goals.
Brad Morris and Philip Derryman both scored twice and there were single goals from Jay Williams, Owen McCreadie-Taylor and Adam Retter.
Seaton’s cause was not helped by an ankle injury to their goalkeeper, but the home side battled well throughout and some superb saves by the stand-in glovesman denied Upottery further goals.
You may also want to watch:
The winners’ Man of the Match award went to the impressive Cody Tratt-Skinner and special mention should be made of the contribution from Olly Cramer, who ran his socks off, breaking up play and giving his all.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery