Upottery Reserves win top-of-the-table meeting with Tigers third team
- Credit: Archant
Upottery Reserves were worthy winners of the Macron League Division Eight match-of-the-day, beating the Tigers 2-0 at Glebe Park.
In a first half that was played, for the much part, in the Axminster half, saw both teams fashion chances, but neither were able to capitalise on their opportunities.
That al changed within minutes of the restart! When Upottery were awarded a free-kick some 20-yards out, Brad Morris stepped up and rifled the ball home.
The goal settled the home team who began to pass the ball with confidence. The Tigers gave as good as they got, but the outcome was settled in the 70th minute.
The build-up involved Dan William, Brad Morris, and eventually, Jay Williams, before the latter applied the finish.
You may also want to watch:
The Upottery Man of the Match award was shared between Jay Williams and the splendid Ryan Pulman who was excellent in his defensive role.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis