Upottery Seconds go top with win at Woodbury and Newton St Cyres
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Upottery Cricket Club Seconds moved to the top of the East 4 E (Tier 6) thanks to a six-wicket win at Woodbury and Newton St Cyres Cricket Club.
The visitors won the toss and elected to have a bowl first and it was a decision that was soon vindicated as no Woodbury and Newton St Cyres batter scored more than 37.
Opener Mukesh Purohit was the first to fall for a five-ball duck and the only resistance came from Phil Dale and Dave Chruch who scored 37 and 29 respectively.
The wickets were spread out between the Upottery bowlers with Andrew Pulman, Daniel Stevens and Matt Frost all taking two whilst Adrian Salter took three.
Upottery were led by Peter-John Kaal and Andrew Pulman in their chase of 133 who both ended unbeaten on 41 and 27 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The win means Upottery top the table on an average of 19 points compared to Woodbury and Newton St Cyres’ 12.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts