Upottery storm into second round of cup after hitting Axminster for ten
Upottery stormed into the second round of the Bill Slee Cup off the back of a 10-0 thrashing of Axminster Town Reserves.
Dan Prettejohn’s villagers are looking sharp at this early stage of the season and they showed the Tigers second team no mercy.
Steve Morris scored a hat-trick and there were doubled from Sam Winslade and Jamie Girton. The other goals were scored by Max McQuenn, Dan Scadden and Adam Gribble. The latter is rarely on the score sheet, but when he is it’s usually a strike to remember and this was one such goal!
Prettejohn said: “We certainly had our shooting boots on and I want to see more of this. I try to encourage my players to shoot and I spend lots of time working on it in training so to see it al come good on match day is footballing poetry in motion.”
On Saturday Upottery travel to Lympstone for a Firewatch Devon Senior Cup tie (2pm).
You may also want to watch:
Prettejohn says: “They (Lympstone) play a division higher than us so it’s a game that we will not be expected to win. That suits my lot and I can’t wait to unleash them on the Lympets.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon