Upottery top Division One of the East Devon Virtual League after clean sheet win at Otterton
- Credit: Archant
Upottery top the East Devon Virtual League Division One after a second successive victory, this time winning 4-0 at Otterton.
The Glebe Park men, who scored five on matchday one, netted three first half goals on their visit to Otterton and got one more after the break to bag another stylish success.
Tipton are second in Division One after they won 3-0 at Cranbrook but there was a second successive defeat for Lympstone as they went down 2-1 at East Budleigh. The other Division One game ended all square with Exmouth Spartans sharing four goals with visiting Seaton Town.
In the Premier Division, Exmouth Town match on after a five-star success at Feniton. Town fell behind early on, but then scored four before the break and one more in the second half. Fenton got the last goal of the game, but the Acland Park men were well beaten.
However, the five goals that Exmouth Town scored was topped by Axminster Town with the Tigers powering their way to a 6-2 win at Budleigh Salterton.
You may also want to watch:
The Robins led 1-0 at the break, but whatever Josh Stunell said to his team at the break certainly did the trick for the Tigers scored six times in a one-sided second half. The Robins did net a second of their own, but its back-to-back defeats now for the Greenway Lane men. Honiton Town shared four goals on their visit to Ottery St Mary and that result means that the Hippos, like Axminster Town, have four points from their first two games of the season. The other Premier Division game saw Sidmouth Town win 2-1 at Beer Albion.
In Division Three Millwey Rise were the big scorers, netting five in a 5-1 win at Exmouth Rovers and Farway scored four as they defeated Axmouth United 4-2. Indeed, all four of the Division Two games produced results as Colyton beat Awliscombe 3-0 and Offwell Rangers were 2-1 winners at home to Dunkeswell Rovers.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
All the results from matchday two
Beer Albion 1, Sidmouth Town 2; Feniton 2, Exmouth Town 5; Budleigh Salterton 2, Axminster Town 6; Ottery St Mary 2, Honiton Town 2
East Budleigh 2, Lympstone 1; Otterton 0, Upottery 4; Cranbrook 0, Tipton 3; Exmouth Spartans 2, Seaton Town 2
Exmouth Rovers 1, Millwey Rise 5; Offwell Rangers 2, Dunkeswell Rovers 1; Colyton 3, Awliscombe 0; Farway United 4, Axmouth United 2