Upottery win thanks to doubles from Jones and Winslade
- Credit: Archant
Upottery bounced back from an opening day defeat in their Fresha League Division Two campaign with a midweek mauling of Newton Poppleford.
The villagers, playing their second game at the higher level, smoothed quickly into gear to win 4-0 thanks to doubles from Joe Jones and Sam Winslade.
Jack Trevisic was fully deserving of his clean sheet.
It was the perfect response to a 2-0 opening day defeat at Culm United.
Upottery boss Dan Prettejohn said: “It was a very good performance with all areas of the team playing as one. Now we need to get a consistency of this level of performance and we’ll be all right this season.”
You may also want to watch:
Next up in the league for the villagers is a Saturday, September 13 visit to Lympstone.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax