Wallis tops Division One in Honiton seniors’ meeting
- Credit: Archant
Honiton seniors held their Annual General Meeting in December, writes John Pawley.
The meeting saw Mike Watts hand over the captaincy role to Allan Pollock, with Mike Sennitt becoming this year’s seniors’ vice-captain.
Stan Squire has taken over as treasurer and Angus Falconer as secretary.
On Friday the seniors’ emerged from four weeks of rain-induced hibernation to do battle in a stableford competition coupled with the second round of the Eclectic. Some very creditable scores were achieved considering the watery conditions and some temporary greens.
Jim Wallis – a regular high achiever – topped Division One with an excellent 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Pollock suffered the embarrassment of having to present himself with second prize with Eric Short, Stan Squire and Roger Matthews taking the remaining spots.
In Division Two, the long-hitting Peter Blake prevailed with 36 points, followed by Howard Pritchard, Dave Lee, Rod Armitage and Bill Phillips.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Two’s were achieved by Dave Lee on the second and Eric Short on the fourth – each carrying off a large number of balls for next time.