Ward wins Axe Cliff Winter League third round
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff men’s section played their third round of the Winter League competition last week, writes Peter Motson.
Competition was certainly hot for the top places with countback over the back nine to determine the top spots!
Mark Ward and Stuart Dixon both returned scored of 33 points with Ward edging the victory over the back nine.
Third place went to David Steele with 31 points and fourth place was taken by Matt Hall with 30 points.
A total of four twos were recorded by Alan Kenworthy, Ian Burraston and, Paul Curtin, the latter holing a brace of twos.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies’ section played the first of their six-game Winter League competition. Played under the match play format, the winners were Helen Kenworthy, Caroline Bond, Margaret Kenchington, Jo Domnall and Anne Jarvis. Pat Ashford and Barbara Cummings halved their game.
The ladies section also recently held their Presentation Evening at which the Axe Cliff lady Golfer of the Year honour went to Margaret Kenchington and the Scratch Cup was presented to Helen Kenworthy.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
The seniors’ section played their November Medal competition and heading the list of honours was Peter Hornsby (handicap of 18) with a score of 67. Second was Tony Strong (6) with a score of 70 and countback was used to see Chris Walker (14) into third played from Nigel Garwood who had to settle for fourth with both players scoring 73.