Westall ko’s six minutes off half marathon time
Four Honiton Running Club members took part in the Cardiff Half Marathon
It is a pleasant flat course and the weather was kind to the runners. Richard Harris had been training hard for the Berlin Marathon recently and was keen to complete in under 1 hour 30.
He did well to finish in 1:31 and not too disappointed, despite missing his goal. Graham Reeves was next back, smashing his personal best time for the distance. He was pleased with his 1:36 finish.
Pippa Westall finished next, having been encouraged by Sidmouth runner Lesley Roberts who told Pippa at the start that her aim was to finish in under 1:40. She must have been a little disappointed to have missed this goal by just eight seconds. Pippa tried to keep up and managed it for two miles but nevertheless she was delighted to knock about six minutes off her previous half marathon time to finish in 1:46. Completing the Honiton contingent was Sarah Lowman who completed in 1:52.
Meanwhile, Ben Stone and Steve Boyes took part in the Dartmoor Vale Marathon which is a two loop run which begins and ends at Newton Abbot Racecourse.
You may also want to watch:
Ben was delighted to come in ninth overall in the impressive time of 3 hours 6 minutes. Despite casting off his jacket half way round and then losing it completely, Steve Boyes was pleased with his run coming in 3:48.
There were 132 runners in the marathon but at least for the first lap, they had the company of the half marathon runners.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery