Weston wins Axe Cliff seniors’ stableford with super score
- Credit: Archant
In dry, but breezy, conditions the Axe Cliff seniors’ February stableford attracted a field of 30 Competitors.
While scores were generally good, noone came near the winner, Dave Weston (19) who won with an excellent 40 points.
Second place with 36 points went to Alan Vincent (18), while two players Terry Jessup (20) and Iain Bain (14) shared third spot with 34 points.
There was a pair of twos from Sid Pember and Hugh Willis.
Yet again the men’s section were lucky with the weather for their winter league round seven competition.
You may also want to watch:
Winners were Alan Kenworthy and Chris Glover with a score of 43 points with Geoff Greenslade and Martin Cox (on the back nine) with 38 and third place went to Paul Clode and Simon Sweetland also with 38 points.
There were three twos from Anthony Hellier, Christ Glover and Geoff Greenslade.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home