Whitmarsh goal sees Offwell Rangers boost promotion hopes
- Credit: Archant
Offwell Rangers claimed a superb victory to give their Fresha League Division Seven promotion hopes a massive boost with a single goal win at home to table-topping Central.
The game did not see a goal in the first-half and, with Rangers boosted by the return
of regular glovesman Ben Kayes, they had a commanding – and vocal – influence
across the back line.
After the break Rangers created a couple of chances before a sweet 18-yard strike from Darren Whitmarsh saw the visitors take away all three points.
You may also want to watch:
The Rangers Man of the Match, as chosen by match sponsors, Tip Top Trees, was goal scoring Whitmarsh.
Rangers boss Scott Phillips said¨ “We went into the game with a specific game and, fair play to the lads, they followed it to the latter. We knew a bit about them and our game plan was based whilst when we attacked, we wanted to do with both pace and numbers.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
“We were superb from start to finish. The determination we showed was magnificent and our desire was clear. It was without doubt the best team performance of the season bar none.”
On Thursday, (April 21), Rangers visit Exmouth Spartans for a Golesworthy Cup tie. They are without a game this Saturday.