Wight success at Otter Valley Golf Centre
- Credit: Archant
The Otter Valley Golf Centre Junior Open was held at Upottery on the first Saturday of October.
A field made up of a great range in skills and ages (from two handicap 15-years-of-age to two months of playing experience six-year-olds), enjoyed a lovely autumn afternoon on a very green course.
The scratch prize was won comfortably by Stuart Wight of Lyme Regis Golf Club from last years’ winner of the Scratch trophy, Hayden McCance.
A consolation for McCance was that he won the handicap prize playing off 19hcp.
Winner of the handicap prize in the second division was George Moulding who played some excellent golf.
You may also want to watch:
The putting prize was won by Oscar Sammons in a four-hole sudden death playoff with Rhys Cook.
The event gave a great opportunity for those fairly new to golf to get competition experience. All the of the players had indeed started their golf in the Saturday morning Junior classes run each week at Otter Valley Golf Centre.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op