Wilkins wins Axe Cliff seniors Charity Bowl
- Credit: Archant
In the Axe Cliff seniors section last Friday members aged 65 and over competed for the Charity Bowl, presented by the late Brian Wilkes following his captaincy in 2000, writes Janet Dack.
It seemed appropriate that it should be won, as it transpired, by the current captain John White (21) with a sound score of 34 points.
In the stableford run in conjunction, the winner with 36 points was Phil Wilkins (17).
John White was second on count back from new member Geoff Wake(14), both netting 34 points.
Meanwhile, in the main club section members competed for the Sanders Stevens Trophy on a beautiful sunny morning.
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Walker took first place with a plus five.
Second place went to Stuart Dixon with a plus one and in third place Peter Petherbridge level.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery