Wins live on in the memory!
Saturday night had the great and the good turning out at the clubhouse to be presented with the past year’s trophies, writes Andy Wagner.
Seventy two club prizes were awarded, club professional Adrian Cave acted as Master of Ceremonies as club captain Paul Dimond and lady captain Jackie Seager, assisted by seniors’ captain John Burden and vice captain Dave Morgan, handed out those glistening trophies.
Of course the night was fleeting but each name is inscribed on the boards that decorate the walls of the clubhouse for members to aspire to for years to come. “I am somebody” was never more defined.
Although Max Pipe’s Past Devon Captain’s team win at Saunton was exceptional, the pinnacle of the evening was the re-presenting of the County Trophy that Honiton’s A team won for only the fourth time in the club’s history.
Well done to captain Andy Ford and the whole team.
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday Mixed: Four clubs and a putter greensome Stableford format, and the scores were good proving that some club selections by some players were correct.
With 38pts, the winners of the competition were Sue Ritchie and John Northover. Second, with 36pts, were Dot Grove and Max Pipe. Third went to Jan Dickinson and Bob Barnes with 31pts.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Pictured are: Club captain Paul Dimond, A team captain Andy Ford and ladies’captain Jackie Seager