Woodroffe School celebrating a terrific year of success
- Credit: Archant
Woodroffe School at Lyme Regis, which has pupils from across East Devon, is celebrating a terrific year of sporting achievement.
The list of sporting success spreads across five different sports.
In rugby, the school were year seven area champions, year eight area runners-up, the year 10 team reached the fourth round of the national Natwest Trophy competition, the year 11 team are enjoying their best season tom date. They sport a 60 per cent win rate and have lost just twice.
In cross-country there has been team and individual success. Ollie Clarke was crowned year 11 area champion and Phoebe Clarke picked up the same award in the Under-14 age group. The Under-14 girls team were area champions and the teams representing U12 boy’s, U12 girl’s, U14 boy’s, U16 girl’s and U16 boys were all runners-up in their respective area championships.
In badminton, the Under-16 girl’s were the area winners, while the U14 girl’s and the U14 boy’s teams landed the same honour and the U16 boy’s were runners-up in their area championship.
You may also want to watch:
In Football the U18 boy’s reached the last eight of the Dorset County Cup. Two other school football teams are on the verge of success with both the U14 boys’ and U14 girl’s.
Last, but certainly not least, in netball, both the U14 and U16 teams were crowned area champions.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis