Woodroffe school excel in equestrian events
Woodroffe school students competed at three South West Inter Schools Equestrian competitions in September.
They were Show Jumping action at Kings School Taunton, where the team of Maria Sage, Charlotte Chadwick and Jasmine Wellman came fifth and Wellman also claimed fourth spot in the individual 90cm class.
At the Blundell’s One Day Event at Bicton Arena Woodroffe sent two teams. The first team consisted of Maria Sage, Jasmine Wellman, Emily Wright and Dawn Oxenbury who were in action with a 5am start! That did not seem to bother the team as they managed a superb second place finish from the 22 teams that took part.
The second team consisted of Charlotte Chadwick, Felix and Fred Ransford.
Most recently it was the Inter Schools Show Jumping held at Leweston School. Woodroffe sent two teams with the 70-80 cm class consisting of Emily Wright, Cecily Parsons, Brooke Studley, and Ellese Ankers.
You may also want to watch:
In the 80-90cm class team were Charlotte Chadwick, Jasmine Wellman, Bea Parsons and Maria Sage who took first place. Not without cost though for the unfortunate Chadwick suffered a broken collar bone in a fall!
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three