Wyvern region of the Angling Trust hold awards evening
- Credit: Archant
The Angling Trust Wyvern Region held their awards in Exeter and around 100 turned out collect their awards, writes Mike Spiller.
The Wyvern were very pleased with this turn out.
The evening started with a short talk on the work being carried out in Lyme Bay Marine Reserve by Neville Copperthwaite of the group ‘Blue’.
This reserve has been in operation for around five years and some say that this might be how the new MCZ will operate in the future.
This was followed by the main awards plus all the fish of the month awards from last year.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of the major awards; The best overall specimen winner, winning the Castle Trophy was Rob Yorke of Rodbenders SAC, thanks to a blonde ray of 26lbs 10oz caught from the shore.
The Best Junior Shore award went to Corey Upham of Brixham SAC with a mackerel of 2lbs 4ozs.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
The best junior boat award went to Sam Jordan of Brixham SAC with a golden great mullet and the best lady award went to Naomi Coulson of Paignton SAA who also secured a new British boat record with a golden grey mullet that weighed in at 2lbs 15oz.