Yorke and Seed are top at Lyme Regis
Round Two of the Lyme Regis Winter League was contested last week, writes Richard Jackman.
Juniors George Yorke and George Seed fought off the opposition to win with 40 points, just seeing off Maurice and Luke De Pasquale who came second with 39 points.
In the seniors’ Briggs Trophy bogey competition Denis McCallum continued his good run with an impressive score of plus six.
Geoff Marshall and Mike List came second and third respectively both with plus two.
In the ladies’ stableford Caroline Baker was the star, making the best score of the day with 36 points to win Division One from Prue Russell with 34 points.
You may also want to watch:
Julie Duke and Pat Hunt finished first and second in Division Two, both scoring 31 points.
In Division Three the ever steady Ronni Turner won with 30 points from Felicity Horton in second place with 26 points.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend