Young guns a big hit for Uplyme and Lyme Regis 2nd XI
Uplyme and Lyme Regis II could only muster eight players for the trip to Upottery II and were predictably beaten by a big margin.
However, they put plenty into the contest with a pair of 13-year-olds making headlines for them.
Batting first, Eddie Clarke (39) and Henry Perry (29), had given the eight a decent enough start before Tyler Wellman and Reece Davies were united at the wicket.
The schoolboys then proceeded to despatch the ball to all parts and added 107 for the unbroken third wicket allowing their side to close on 212-2.
Davies walked off with an unbeaten 69 whilst young Wellman was not out 45.
You may also want to watch:
It was all fairly straight forward for the home batsmen to score the runs given the gaps in the eight-man outfield. Mike Arscott helped himself to an unbeaten 113 and Nigel Wyatt hit 57 – the pair putting on 206 for the opening wicket.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding