Hilary Arnold art exhibition at the Bomb Shelter, Beer
- Credit: Archant
An exhibition by an artist who hopes her work will be ‘a pleasure for the senses’ opens at the Bomb Shelter in Beer on Saturday, September 7.
It features the latest collection of paintings and sculptures by Seaton artist Hilary Arnold, who has also exhibited work in London and other galleries in Devon. She said: "I am very much a 'sometimes' painter and sculptor when life allows, but nonetheless take my art very seriously."
"This exhibition in the Bomb Shelter is my first for three years, and is a collection built up during that time.
"My paintings are mostly abstract and mainly concerned with colour and composition, taking inspiration from the environment and from the objects that surround us.
"Thus they are an assimilation rather than a literal representation, and the exhibition is aimed to be a pleasure for the senses."
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition runs until Sunday, September 15, and is part of Devon Open Studios. For further information email email@example.com or call 01297 20064.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 9 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 10 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad