Arts society switches to new venue
Closure of Royal British Legion Club forces move.
Honiton Decorative and Fine Arts Society is moving to Turks Head Lodge in time for the first of the new season’s lectures on Tuesday, October 11.
Last season’s lectures, on subjects ranging from Chinese porcelain and the ancient Olympic games to English parish churches and Gardens of Cornwall, were greatly enjoyed by the growing membership and many talks were voted to be excellent or outstanding.
This coming season’s lectures by visiting experts will include topics as diverse as Gaudi, gardening history and follies and the dissolution of the Abbeys.
There will also be a talk on Leonardo da Vinci - to co-incide with the November - February exhibition at the National Gallery in London.
You may also want to watch:
For further information, details of membership and list of forthcoming lectures visit www.honiton-dfas.org.uk or call (01404) 45360
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre