Axminster photo group focuses on new venue
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Photography Group’s annual exhibition begins on Monday (September 2) at a new venue
It takes place at The Light House - formerly The Marle Gallery - at 1 Victoria Place, Axminster - and will run until Saturday, September 14.
The exhibition will be open from 10am to 4pm weekdays, 10am to 1pm on Saturday.
Everyone is welcome to attend and admission is free.
In addition there will be an open evening at The Light House at 7.30 pm on Wednesday, September 11. John Lees will begin the evening with an illustrated short talk 'How can I take a picture like that with my camera?' followed by a question and answer session. Admission is free.
You may also want to watch:
The club was founded in 1987 initially as the Thomas Whitty Camera Club before becoming the Axminster Photography Group and is now well established, with an active and forward-thinking membership.
Meetings are every other Tuesday evening at Cloakham Lawns, Axminster, except for a seven week break in December and January.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 6 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 7 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 8 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 9 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 10 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
Meetings begin at 7.30 pm and the fortnightly programme includes speakers, outside visits, critique sessions to provide positive feedback and one internal club competition.
The membership is currently 20 (15 men and five ladies) with a maximum number of 24, due to space availability.
Potential members may attend up to three Tuesday meetings before a subscription becomes payable.
Chairman Ian Crawford said: "The overall aim of the group is to share a common interest with like-minded people in a supportive and enjoyable environment."
To find out more about the group click here