Axminster photo group focuses on new venue
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Photography Group’s annual exhibition begins on Monday (September 2) at a new venue
It takes place at The Light House - formerly The Marle Gallery - at 1 Victoria Place, Axminster - and will run until Saturday, September 14.
The exhibition will be open from 10am to 4pm weekdays, 10am to 1pm on Saturday.
Everyone is welcome to attend and admission is free.
In addition there will be an open evening at The Light House at 7.30 pm on Wednesday, September 11. John Lees will begin the evening with an illustrated short talk 'How can I take a picture like that with my camera?' followed by a question and answer session. Admission is free.
You may also want to watch:
The club was founded in 1987 initially as the Thomas Whitty Camera Club before becoming the Axminster Photography Group and is now well established, with an active and forward-thinking membership.
Meetings are every other Tuesday evening at Cloakham Lawns, Axminster, except for a seven week break in December and January.
- 1 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 2 East Devon's Property of the Week
- 3 East Devon Property of the Week
- 4 Mechanic keeps life-saving blood bikes on the road
- 5 Family's wellbeing business success is Taylor made
- 6 Villagers determined that the fair must go on
- 7 Freddie the tramping potter could drink a gallon of cider
- 8 Positive partnership for Honiton Cricket Club
- 9 White Hart pub damaged by fire
- 10 Chiropractor unveils new name and reaffirms commitment to serve community
Meetings begin at 7.30 pm and the fortnightly programme includes speakers, outside visits, critique sessions to provide positive feedback and one internal club competition.
The membership is currently 20 (15 men and five ladies) with a maximum number of 24, due to space availability.
Potential members may attend up to three Tuesday meetings before a subscription becomes payable.
Chairman Ian Crawford said: "The overall aim of the group is to share a common interest with like-minded people in a supportive and enjoyable environment."
To find out more about the group click here