Axminster Drama Club makes its annual awards and one very special one as well
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Drama Club recognises the work of four of its members.
Four members of Axminster Drama Club (ADC) have been honoured by the group for their contribution to its activities.
Among those to be recognised was club president, Thelma Critchard, whose membership of the group goes back many decades.
And with that in mind, she was awarded a Long Term Service Award by the National Operatic and Dramatic Association president Jacquie Stedman, who travelled from London especially to make the presentation.
Mrs Critchard said she was 'honoured and delighted' to be given the award.
You may also want to watch:
Each year, the club president selects an individual for their contribution to ADC and this year Mrs Critchard chose Leigh Conley, the current chairman, for his efforts not only in leading the club, but also for the time he has put in to improve the club facilities and what it can offer the community.
The work of a younger member of the group is also recognised with the presentation of the Gwyn Llewelyn Trophy but this year a joint award was made to Isobel Blandamer and Isobel Simpson.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 7 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 8 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
The group's committee decided to make the joint award in recognition of the contribution of both girls to the club over the previous 12 months.