Axminster Drama Club to stage Sir Terry Pratchett’s Mort
- Credit: Archant
Explore the Discworld with Axminster Drama Club’s latest production.
Temptation comes in many forms but could living the life of Death be one of them?
Just Imagine - immortality - travel - independence - the ability to walk through walls - answerable to no-one, not even the Gods. In exchange for these perks, one merely has to perform the duty every day for millennia after millennia with no time off for good behaviour... unless of course, you take on an assistant.
Mort, whose own short life is soon to be curtailed, is apprenticed to Death.
This gangly, clumsy, flame-haired youth, eagerly adopts his new career and after the obligatory, shaky start, progresses very well. But unlike Death, he is a budding, hot-blooded young man who, sooner or later, begs time off to visit the living world and the love of his life. And that is not the only thing he’s keeping from his boss.
You may also want to watch:
Death’s apprentice has behaved badly along the way and upset history. There are now two realities in existence where there should only be one - but which will gain the upper hand? Trouble? or strife? Some choice!
The answer to this conundrum will be discovered at the Axminster Guildhall, West Street, from Thursday May 24 to Saturday, May 26, when Axminster Drama Club stages Sir Terry Pratchett’s Mort.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone