Axminster Musical Theatre postpones Avenue Q until further notice
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Musical Theatre has announced that it has postponed its production of Avenue Q, as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
The run for the show had been due to start on Tuesday, March 31, with further performances lined up from Thursday, April 2 to Saturday, April 4.
But the society confirmed that the show has been postponed until a later date.
A spokesman for the production said: “We are considering what we can do about staging it later in the year, possibly in our traditional November slot.”
She added that it would not be possible to make any firm plans until the threat of the Covid-19 outbreak had passed and the country was in a position to return to normal.
You may also want to watch:
The society had been rehearsing for the production, which features a range of puppets, for some months and would have been setting up the stage this weekend, in time to present it at the Guildhall, in Axminster next week.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West