Axminster Musical Theatre postpones Avenue Q until further notice
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Musical Theatre has announced that it has postponed its production of Avenue Q, as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
The run for the show had been due to start on Tuesday, March 31, with further performances lined up from Thursday, April 2 to Saturday, April 4.
But the society confirmed that the show has been postponed until a later date.
A spokesman for the production said: “We are considering what we can do about staging it later in the year, possibly in our traditional November slot.”
She added that it would not be possible to make any firm plans until the threat of the Covid-19 outbreak had passed and the country was in a position to return to normal.
You may also want to watch:
The society had been rehearsing for the production, which features a range of puppets, for some months and would have been setting up the stage this weekend, in time to present it at the Guildhall, in Axminster next week.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 7 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 8 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 9 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 10 Life-saving first aid service will run until end of summer