Axminster Musical Theatre postpones Avenue Q until further notice
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Musical Theatre has announced that it has postponed its production of Avenue Q, as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
The run for the show had been due to start on Tuesday, March 31, with further performances lined up from Thursday, April 2 to Saturday, April 4.
But the society confirmed that the show has been postponed until a later date.
A spokesman for the production said: “We are considering what we can do about staging it later in the year, possibly in our traditional November slot.”
She added that it would not be possible to make any firm plans until the threat of the Covid-19 outbreak had passed and the country was in a position to return to normal.
You may also want to watch:
The society had been rehearsing for the production, which features a range of puppets, for some months and would have been setting up the stage this weekend, in time to present it at the Guildhall, in Axminster next week.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington