Axminster Musical Theatre postpones Avenue Q until further notice
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Musical Theatre has announced that it has postponed its production of Avenue Q, as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
The run for the show had been due to start on Tuesday, March 31, with further performances lined up from Thursday, April 2 to Saturday, April 4.
But the society confirmed that the show has been postponed until a later date.
A spokesman for the production said: “We are considering what we can do about staging it later in the year, possibly in our traditional November slot.”
She added that it would not be possible to make any firm plans until the threat of the Covid-19 outbreak had passed and the country was in a position to return to normal.
You may also want to watch:
The society had been rehearsing for the production, which features a range of puppets, for some months and would have been setting up the stage this weekend, in time to present it at the Guildhall, in Axminster next week.
- 1 Murch's penny farthing is recycled to help tell town's history
- 2 When a waffle is good for your health
- 3 Emma's super shave helps mum's USA cancer battle
- 4 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 5 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Landmark year for Honiton Bowling Club
- 7 Come and get your fish and chips, Cranbrook!
- 8 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 9 East Devon Property of the Week
- 10 Litter pickers unite to launch blitz on untidy blackspots