Bad Shepherds in Lyme
With just a few days left before his arrival in Lyme Regis, tickets to Adrian Edmondson s gig at the Marine Theatre have almost sold out.
With just a few days left before his arrival in Lyme Regis, tickets to Adrian Edmondson's gig at the Marine Theatre have almost sold out.
Next week, the star of Bottom and The Young Ones is coming to the theatre with his mandolin and his band The Bad Shepherds.
As well as Adrian Edmondson on mandolin and lead vocals, the group includes Troy Donockley, on pipes, whistles and vocals and Andy Dinan, who has twice won the all Ireland Fiddle Championship. Added to the band for this tour is Brad Lang on double bass, who has worked with the likes of Robbie Williams.
The Bad Shepherds play folk versions of punk classics. They love folk instruments and do songs by the Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Stranglers and even Kraftwerk, giving them a Celtic feel.
You may also want to watch:
Marine Theatre Creative Director Ian Stephens said: "It's very exciting that ticket sales are going so well. It proves that people in the area do appreciate live music and, what's better are prepared to take a risk and spend an evening with a folk/punk cross-over band."
The gig at the Marine Theatre will be on Friday, October 16. Tickets cost �15 in advance, from Lyme Regis Tourist Information Centre on (01297) 442138, or �17 on the door.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre