Beast from the East hit Honiton entertainment schedule
- Credit: Archant
Bad weather made it a quiet weekend at The Beehive, in Honiton.
The Beast from the East caused cancellations and postponements at the Beehive, writes Wendy Van der Plank.
By 11am on Friday the staff and volunteers at the Beehive had to make the decision to close the Beehive and cancel that evening’s film despite battling through thick snow and ice to get in and pull out the raked seating ready for the two performances.
The town council and Theatre Kidz, along with the dance and guitar classes had all made the wise decision not to go into The Beehive during the atrocious weather.
Then there was the tough call as to whether to cancel the hotly anticipated comedy show with Alun Cochrane on Saturday night, would all the snow and ice have thawed by then? Would it be safe and would people want to attempt to travel?
You may also want to watch:
Fortunately the decision was made by Alun as he had struggled to get from Manchester to his gig the previous night and after seeing the Met Office Red Alert weather warning, he decided to re-schedule the show. The new date will be announced by the end of the week and thankfully the Herald helped to spread the word with its on-line edition.
So after a very quiet weekend at The Beehive,there’s an action-packed week ahead with four different shows: Tom Glover and ‘The Comedy Avengers’ appear for an evening of stand up on Thursday, on Friday there is the Oscar nominated film ‘Call Me by Your Name’, and on Saturday there are two screenings of another likely Oscar winner, ‘Darkest Hour’ then finally on Sunday evening, at 7pm, there is a special sing-along screening of ‘Mamma Mia’(PG)for Mother’s Day. Something for everyone!
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 5 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 6 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 7 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 8 When a waffle is good for your health
- 9 East Devon Property of the Week
- 10 Family campaigns to fund flower barn at 'paradise' site