Beatboxer Shlomo to appear at The Beehive
- Credit: Archant
The Beehive, in Honiton, will be hosting world-record-breaking beatboxer Shlomo on Good Friday.
Become one of sonic superhero Shlomo’s sidekicks in a world of funny sounds, brilliant noises and cool music, whether you’re aged 1 or 101.
Shlomo is a world-record-breaking beatboxer who makes all kinds of music using just his mouth and a mic.
A jazz drummer from the age of eight, British beatboxer and composer Shlomo began vocalising rhythms when he was a kid as a way to practise drums as his parents wouldn’t let him practice on his kit after 6pm!
From this he progressed to become a world record breaker.
You may also want to watch:
One of his career highlights was getting a phone call from Bjork when he was still working in a day job and she asked him if he would beatbox on her all-vocal album… that was a real turning point for him and also, playing the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury.
Shlomo goes to The Beehive having just played and given a fabulous demonstration of his skills at the Sold Out TED EX at The Northcott Theatre on Friday, April 5.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
He will be appearing at The Beehive on Good Friday, April 19, at 2pm.
Children not a requirement for this show!
Tickets £8 for adults,£6 per child and £25 for a family ticket.
Visit wwwbeehivehoniton.co.uk or call 01404 384050.