Broadway’s Avenue Q set to hit Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Puppets will be taking to the stage when Axminster Musical Theatre puts on its production of Avenue Q.
A puppet show, for adults? That’s right. Don’t let their fuzzy exteriors fool you,
In Axminster Musical Theatre’s production, this cast are anything but tight-lipped on the topics of drinking, delving into the dark corners of the Internet and well, all things adulthood.
As for taking the whole family along, all this means Avenue Q may not be appropriate for young children but depending on maturing levels, has been a hit with teenagers but if you do take them along, know that they’ll think it’s really cool!
This production, directed by Jodie Glover, brings the Sesame Street-esque puppet world crashing into reality with the human world.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s surprising how much an audience believes in these puppet characters even though you’re standing right there.”
“These puppets come to life and when they say vulgar or ridiculous things, it’s just gold.”
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 6 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 7 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 8 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 9 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 10 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
Even if you’re not a big theatre buff and the name doesn’t ring a bell, you’ll know Robert Lopez from his work on The Book of Mormon and the hit song, Let It Go, from Frozen (which he wrote!).
The show has been described as one of the funniest shows to ever come out of Broadway and is a winner of the Tony Triple Crown for Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book.
To get your tickets book on line at axmt.co.uk/book-online or from The Archway Bookshop 01297 33595.
The show dates are Tuesday, March 31 and Thursday, April 2 to Saturday, April 4, at 7.30pm, with a matinee on the Saturday at 2.30pm.