Local male voice choir holds open rehearsal in Sidmouth to recruit new members
- Credit: Archant
Calling all men in the Sidmouth area (and beyond) who like to sing! This is your opportunity to sing with one of the leading male voice choirs in the South West.
Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir is holding a one-off special Open Evening in Sidmouth at 7.30pm on Tuesday, July 16 to give all men a chance to see what it is like to sing in a large choir.=The emphasis will be on fun, with no obligation to join the choir. However, if you like what you see and hear then you would be welcome to join, and members will be on hand to answer all your questions.
Don't forget that singing is good for your health and wellbeing. It is a fun social hobby with the chance to make new and lasting friendships, while raising money for worthy charities at concerts.This free event will take place at the Methodist Hall, at the rear of the Methodist Church, High Street, Sidmouth.
Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir usually rehearse on Tuesday evenings at the Peter Hall, Budleigh, with members coming from Exmouth, Budleigh, Sidmouth and surrounding villages.
Everyone can sing - and you will be given advice how to improve. Whether you are a tenor or a bass, or somewhere in between, you will find a place to fit in. There is no scary audition! The choir's music team of Michael Graham, musical director, and Sandra Jepps, accompanist, will certainly draw you into the unique and exciting world of male voice singing.
You may also want to watch:
Come and find out what it is all about. You've nothing to lose, and potentially a long-lasting and rewarding hobby to gain. The choir look forward to seeing you from 7.30 to 9.30 on July 16 at the Methodist Hall.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 7 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 8 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon