Choir success in Holland
The Sheldon Singers returned recently from The Netherlands after a highly successful tour. Twenty- five singers with partners and supporters made the trip during which the choir undertook concerts in Amsterdam, Utrecht and Haarlem.
The Sheldon Singers returned recently from The Netherlands after a highly successful tour.
Twenty- five singers with partners and supporters made the trip during which the choir undertook concerts in Amsterdam, Utrecht and Haarlem. Wellington organist John Young accompanied the singers, whose programme consisted of English Church Music from the 16th Century to the present day. An enthusiastic reception was given by audiences everywhere.
Surrounded by bouquets of tulips, musical director Julie De'Ath Lancaster expressed her delight.
She said: "The venues were amazing - it was a real privilege to perform in the great cathedrals of Amsterdam and Utrecht as well as in the more intimate churches of Haarlem.
You may also want to watch:
"The choir showed a pleasing ability to adapt quickly to the differing venues and the entire tour served to build up that team spirit which is so vital. "
The Sheldon Singers next perform their Christmas concert in St Paul's Church, Honiton, on December 19, at 7-30pm.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief