COME & LEARN WITH DEVON ADULT & COMMUNITY LEARNING
Devon Adult and Community Learning has a wide range of new and exciting courses across the county, starting in September, where you can expand your knowledge or learn a new skill.
There are many ‘Try it Out’ sessions to help you choose the best course for you and you can join a beginners’ class or progress to a higher level to extend your existing skills and knowledge.
The course brochure lists the range of courses on offer, where you can:
? Unleash your creativity with an arts and crafts course;
? Explore computing for absolute beginners with access to additional modules in online shopping, online banking and finding a job online;
You may also want to watch:
? Select something from the general interest programme including counselling, creative writing, and range of health and well-being subjects;
? Learn or improve on language courses such as Spanish, French, Italian or even British sign language;
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
? If English is not your first language, there are courses designed to improve your skills;
? Whether you want to help your children with their homework, plug that gap in your CV or just brush up your skills there are free short and long courses designed to help you with your English and maths skills. These classes are small and friendly, with tutors experienced in helping adult learners develop their skills and confidence and there are opportunities to obtain a qualification to improve your job prospects. You may like to gain a GCSE in English or maths.
The scheme also offers training for employment, with tailor-made courses for employers in subjects such as First Aid at Work, Paediatric First Aid, Health & Safety, Risk Assessment, Food Safety in Catering, English for Migrant Workers and a range of vocational qualifications.
All courses are delivered by experienced, qualified tutors, who will help you realise your full potential and a free impartial advice service is available to help you discuss your needs.
The full programme is available to view on line at www.devon.gov.uk/adultlearning or call MyDevon on 0845 1551014 for more details and to enrol. Course brochures can be collected from any library or at one of the centres, where you can talk to staff, who will be pleased to answer any questions and to help you enrol.