Concert in Colyton to promote music of The Gesualdo Six
- Credit: Archant
Classical concert to be staged in St Andrew’s Church.
The Gesualdo Six will be performing in Colyton, with the musical focus provided by the release of the ensemble’s debut CD, English Motets.
This album explores music written by some of the English renaissance masters over a period of 200 years, and will be officially launched on Saturday, April 7, in London.
Owain Park, director of The Gesualdo Six, said: “This April, we will release our debut recording on Hyperion Records, an album of English renaissance polyphony titled ‘English Motets’ that we funded through the generosity of our supporters and by performing.
“In the process of recording this music, we began to develop ideas for touring this repertoire, and we are pleased to have secured a series of concerts.
You may also want to watch:
“Our concerts provide a cultural focal point for local communities, connecting people with a spiritual and musical heritage dating back hundreds of years.”
The group will be performing in Colyton on Thursday, April 5, at 7.30pm, at St Andrew’s Church.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters