Concert in Colyton to promote music of The Gesualdo Six
- Credit: Archant
Classical concert to be staged in St Andrew’s Church.
The Gesualdo Six will be performing in Colyton, with the musical focus provided by the release of the ensemble’s debut CD, English Motets.
This album explores music written by some of the English renaissance masters over a period of 200 years, and will be officially launched on Saturday, April 7, in London.
Owain Park, director of The Gesualdo Six, said: “This April, we will release our debut recording on Hyperion Records, an album of English renaissance polyphony titled ‘English Motets’ that we funded through the generosity of our supporters and by performing.
“In the process of recording this music, we began to develop ideas for touring this repertoire, and we are pleased to have secured a series of concerts.
You may also want to watch:
“Our concerts provide a cultural focal point for local communities, connecting people with a spiritual and musical heritage dating back hundreds of years.”
The group will be performing in Colyton on Thursday, April 5, at 7.30pm, at St Andrew’s Church.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend