Council-run gallery seeks volunteers
Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honiton needs more helpers to welcome visitors.
Volunteers are needed to welcome visitors to East Devon District Council’s art gallery in Honiton.
The Thelma Hulbert Gallery, in Dowell Street, already benefits from the loyal support of volunteers, but more are needed.
University graduates are among the gallery’s existing volunteers.
They decided to use the volunteering opportunity to increase their employment potential, improve their CVs and keep up their knowledge of the current contemporary arts scene at grass roots level.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers have their travel and parking costs reimbursed, so they are never out of pocket, and also become immediate, complimentary Friends of The Gallery, entitling them to a 10 per cent discount on purchases from the gallery and shop.
Angela Blackwell, the gallery’s curator, said: “It’s a great deal. All we ask in return is a regular commitment to help staff the gallery between either 10am and 1.30pm or 1.30 and 5pm on Thursdays or Fridays.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
“We look forward to working with you!”
To find out more call the gallery on 01404 45006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.