Diary dates for East Devon
- Credit: Archant
Why not get festive with some of the events that are taking place across the area?
A bingo session is being held in Hawkchurch on Thursday, December 14, at the village hall, with doors opening at 7pm and eyes down at 7.30pm.
All proceeds will go to the village hall, the postcode for which is EX13 5XD.
For bingo queries, contact Brenda 01297 678327.
You may also want to watch:
Hawkchurch Christmas Fayre takes place from 2pm to 5pm, at Hawkchurch Village Hall, on Saturday, December 9.
Entrance for adults £1 and children get in free.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 March the target for Point to Point racing
There will be a range of stalls selling Christmas goodies, gifts, cards and decorations, games, raffle, refreshments.
Any queries, please contact Ruth 01297 678354
Seaton Choral Society will present a splendidly varied programme for this year’s Christmas concert on Sunday, December 10.
The performance will be at 4pm (doors open 3.30pm) at The Gateway, Fore Street, Seaton. Tickets £10 in advance (under-18s free) from The Gateway Box Office (Tel: 01297 625699) or £12 on the door.
The Lyme Regis Society is hosting a talk entitled ‘The Romans in West Dorset, what we can still see’ by Steve Wallis, senior archaeologist at Dorset County Council.
It will be held at 2.30pm, on Tuesday, December 12, at Woodmead Halls, Hill Road, Lyme Regis. DT7 3PG
Members Free. Visitors £3. Including refreshments.
Ballroom, Latin and sequence dancing will be taking place at the Stowford Community Centre, Sidmouth, on Saturday, December 9.
Hosted by the Dancing Duo of Henry and Jeannie Clark, it will run from 8pm to 11pm.
The event will have a Christmas theme, with refreshments.
Entry will cost £6 per head.
Visit www.dancingduo.co.uk for more information, or call 01803 325905.