Entries invited for annual horticultural event in Beer
- Credit: Archant
Children are invited to take decorated vegetables to the Mariners Hall in Beer between 1.30pm - 4pm on Saturday, September 30, for the annual pumpkin show.
All the young entrants will receive £1 for entering their prize specimens in the competition and further money if they win.
There will also be a prize for the best adult entry.
Large pumpkins, onions and marrows will be on display at the event, and organisers are encouraging as many people to enter if they have one lurking on their vegetable plot to maintain the show’s existence.
A spokesman said: “Lets try and beat last year’s largest pumpkin which was 174lbs and the 31lbs marrow.
You may also want to watch:
“Please help to keep this village show going.”
The evening starts at 8pm with the grand auction and raffle and all proceeds will be donated to local organisations.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
For details phone Kim or Jayne on 01297 21955.