Evolver Prize 2011 awarded in Honiton
Prestigious art event staged at the Thelma Hulbert Gallery.
The results of a prestigious arts competition, which drew entries from across the South West, have been announced at a Honiton gallery.
The top 50 entries to this year’s Evolver Prize are now on display at The Thelma Hulbert Gallery, in Dowell Street.
Artists were invited to submit work to be featured as a front cover on Evolver, a specialist arts magazine.
Angela Blackwell, the gallery’s curator and an artist herself, was among the competition’s judges.
You may also want to watch:
Civic leaders from Honiton joined artists to see talented Andrew Bolton pick up the prize, sponsored by Bristol Fine Art.
His winning entry, A Portrait Of The Artist By A Young Dog, is a photograph of himself and a dog. The dog is seen taking the picture. To find out how, visit the gallery and view the image.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery