Evolver Prize exhibition at Thelma Hulbert Gallery, Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Free exhibition of the winning entry, featured on the cover of Evolver magazine, and 49 runners-up
The Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honiton is hosting the popular Evolver Prize 2019 exhibition this July and August.
Every year, artists, photographers and designers compete to have their work featured on the front cover of the July/August edition of Evolver, the Wessex Arts and Culture guide, and a £1,000 prize.
The exhibition features the winning artwork, Sack Race by Debbie Lee, and 49 runners-up, judged by Simon Barber, the editor of Evolver, photographer Adrian Boot, the manager/curator of the gallery, Ruth Gooding, and artist/educator Dr Fran Norton.
The artworks, in a range of different media, are all for sale, and visitors are also encouraged to vote for their favourite cover, with the winner of that prize to be announced at the end of the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barber said; "I am delighted that, once again, Thelma Hulbert Gallery is hosting the Evolver Prize. There is always an amazing diversity of artworks considering that all the submissions have to be the same size. I encourage visitors to come and see the artworks we have selected this year and vote for their favourite cover to win the Visitors' Choice Prize."
The exhibition opens on Saturday, July 6, and the prizegiving ceremony takes place that afternoon. Admission is free.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 5 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 6 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 7 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 8 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 9 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death