Honiton Christmas Carnival
There is bound to be dozens of Santas in the High Street on December 5 – for Honiton Christmas Carnival. The festive spectacular, organised by Honiton and District Carnival Committee, is in its third year, after leaving Sidmouth, and promises to be as sparklinh as ever
There is bound to be dozens of Santas in the High Street on December 5 - for Honiton Christmas Carnival.
The festive spectacular, organised by Honiton and District Carnival Committee, is in its third year, after leaving Sidmouth, and promises to be as sparkling as ever.
This is the one night that carnival clubs from across East Devon and beyond can forget their official themes and take on a festive, just for fun, flavour.
The procession will start from Ottery Moor Lane at the early time of 5.30pm - to ensure it's not too cold for young children and to promote a family atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
Although there is no official late night shopping event planned for Honiton this year, shops are encouraged to stay open for the crowds.
Look out for Honiton Twirlstars in their new uniforms. Afterwards, for procession participants only, a party is being staged at the Royal British Legion, in Dowell Street.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon